Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Byblos Lebanese Cuisine @ TREC KL

Bearing the name of the culturally charismatic city north of Beirut, Byblos carries the torch commendably for Lebanese cuisine, with a menu that reflects how the Middle East meets the Mediterranean. Extremely few restaurants in KL offer kibbeh nayeh, minced raw lamb that's mingled with fine bulgur cereal for a smooth, subtly spiced spread with a mellow meaty flavour (RM36).

Other intriguing headliners include hummus crowned with shredded beef shawarma (RM27), sauteed chicken liver marinated with pomegranate molasses (RM20) & creamy, tangy red lentil broth (RM15), buoyed by freshly baked clouds of Lebanese bread, warm & soft, light & fluffy. Lebanese wine & arak (the latter should suit admirers of absinthe) are available; if you stay on past 10pm, live Lebanese musical entertainment may await.

Byblos Cafe & Lounge
H-G-05, The Hive, TREC, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur. Tues-Sun, 12pm-3am. Tel: 03-2110-0460

Stay up to date: The Eat Drink KL newsletter is sent by email to subscribers every Monday; it's the Klang Valley's foremost weekly round-up of new restaurant openings, F&B promotions & other tasty tidbits. Subscribe to Eat Drink KL Weekly for free via this following link: https://confirmsubscription.com/h/d/5106C196432BB23D

6 comments:

  1. This place should be interesting to check out as I have never tried Lebanese food. I am attracted to the musical entertainment after 10pm.
    I had a helpful Lebanese classmate while in US college whom I never forget. Her whole family all looked like ang moh with nice facial features like those in your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight Man: ooo, I hope you find that you enjoy Lebanese cuisine if you try it! ;)

      Delete
  2. I think I tried Lebanese cuisine once, but dont really know how to appreciate, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CK: I must admit it's not my number one favourite, though there are some recipes I like! ;)

      Delete
  3. In KL. Love the look of the place. Food looks good but I've never tried anything mid-eastern. Sure would grab the chance first opportunity I get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suituapui: I'm not 100 percent sure you'd love middle eastern fare, but I'll cross my fingers for you! ;)

      Delete